It’s National Gum Care Month! Is your smile supported by strong, healthy gums? With gum disease now linked to larger health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and dementia, keeping your gums in excellent condition is critical for your overall well-being.
For gums that glow, make sure these key practices are part of your dental routine:
· Always brush along the gum line in short back-and-forth strokes to loosen plaque build-up
· Floss against the shape of each tooth to dislodge food particles swept into the gum line
· Try an oral irrigator instead of toothpicks to be gentler when removing stubborn foods
· Use an anti-microbial mouthwash after brushing and flossing to minimize oral bacteria
· Schedule twice-yearly professional cleanings to tackle hardened build-up and hard-to-reach areas
If your gums show signs of swelling, inflammation, or bleeding, they could be at risk for disease and need professional attention. To schedule a consultation and exam, call 602.354.7607 or visit brannonsmiles.com
Dr. Brannon is accepting new patients! Call us now to schedule your New Patient Exam.
11110 N Tatum Blvd Ste.102, Phoenix, AZ 85028